Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What I'm Thankful For

"Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think."
Horace


Hello Friends! Wow it been awhile. First let me just say that it is good to be clean. I say that for a number of reasons. One being the fact that I see that I can overcome obstacles that come in my way with a clear mind. Two is because I just feel better! I still encounter setbacks in life ( not using) like being laid-off, that I have to find inner strength to keep moving forward. I still feel that as long as I stay on the right path, all will be well. I have someone very special in my life that helps me muster that strength to fight for my life. I also have friends that I can talk to if I have a problem. I also have YOU! I come back here sometimes to just read what I have wrote and the comments you have made. I cherish them all.

Through all of this there has been a constant. An unwavering fact that amazes me...God and my friends have always believed in me. It is hard for me to understand it sometimes and some say maybe its not to be my understanding. All I know is that's what I am thankful for. That's where some of that strength comes from. I know I'm not a bad person, just put myself in bad positions. Not to deny my responsibility for my actions, I stay accountable for my sins, I just choose to not repeat them. Thank you all for the life I live now and the life I see for my future. Until next time...Peace and Love

Isaac

3 comments:

Johnny_G said...

I come here regularly hoping for a POST and an indication that you are okay...and then Whooop, there it is! Great from you my man...You sound great...keep working it...are you running?

Denise said...

I love when you post, wish you would do it more often! I like knowing you're doing well and staying strong. Keep it up!!

I just got the email for 20in24 registration. I'm going to do the lone ranger option again...maybe I'll see you this year!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful message, I am always uplifted when I hear how well you are doing. We do believe in you, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers!