Thursday, February 12, 2009

Winners Never Quit - Quitters Never Win!


To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you don’t need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach.


After such a rough week, it's time to have some cheer around this place! I feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle life. I didn't think that this was possible because I kept blocking my blessings. Hell I should have been a goalie!...lol Now I want to just get back in the saddle and ride this wave called life. I know the countdown clock has my next race in a month. I have the famous "Frost Bite Five-Miler" next weekend!! Also should be exciting. AND THEN...All my concentration will be on tackling my first half marathon!! I look forward to seeing and talking to all of my new friends there. I also look forward to running with a few of you, if you can keep up!!!...lol Just kidding, I just want to finish strong.

That's my goal. I funny to say that. "My Goal"! The only goals I've had in the past was to get high everyday. Pretty lofty goal huh? Well that's one of the things that I have learned since becoming a member of Back On My Feet. Not saying that I didn't know how to set goals before, just didn't know how to set, keep, and work towards them. Goals are really important if you really want more out of life, even if it's something small. The great part about it is when you finally reach a goal, WOW!! You really feel empowered to do more. See it, Believe it, Then Achieve it!!! I have other goals and I set some every two weeks. In closing I just want to acknowledge someone who has made me feel like anything is possible if I try hard enough. That no matter what obstacles may come, I am strong enough to over come them. This person has made me feel loved and special. They have been unselfish, honest, and challenges me to my limit. That person is YOU. All of you!! You have all given me a piece of the puzzle that I needed. Your like a Rolex watch, you are all very intricate and vital pieces that work together to make it all work. Unlike a Rolex though, your all PRICELESS!!! Peace and Love.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I'm running Frostbite, too!! I run with the running club which puts on this race. Maybe I'll see you at packet pick up, I'll be handing them out Friday night. If not, good luck on Saturday!! Run strong!

Glad we all could help...for the record, I find your story very inspiring. So, thank YOU.

ralph said...

yo isaac. keep it up man. you really inspire me and make me want to be a better person. seriously. keep on smiling. it will get you farther then you think.
peace and love

ralph

Anonymous said...

Isaac--it was great seeing you this morning Sunday Feb 15 running around the loop! Keep up the training, keep up the inspiring words, keep up the hard work, and keep the faith. Remember, good things don't come easy, and your dedication and commitment will pay off bigtime for you. Look forward to meeting up again at OBP sometime on a Saturday morning. Go for it, my man--never give up.